Hello there, friends!
So as you probably have already noticed from my recipes, we are not big meat-lovers here in the house. Not surprisingly, all making vegetarian variations of typical meaty food is what I always love experimenting with, so today I introduce you to the best ever veggie lasagne:
What you'll need:
for vegetable stew:
3 cloves of garlic
1 celery stalk
1 cup of tomato sauce
2 sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon concentrated tomato puree
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
olive oil, salt, pepper
for white sauce:
25 grams of butter
250 ml of milk
lasagne sheets (obviously!)
How to prepare:
1. First, let's prepare the veggies. Preheat the pot and fry chopped onions and garlic in olive oil.
2.Then chop celery stick and add it to the pot.
3. Chop the mashrooms and add it to the pot.
4. Prepare sweet potatoes: peel and chop squared. Place together in a pot.
5. Shred the pickles and also add into the pot with other veggies.
6. Then- add the spices, herbs, tomato puree, salt and tomatoes canned in its own juice . Mix everything and leave on the low heat for 45 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
7. When all is soft and tasty- add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
8. While vegetables are getting ready, prepare the white sauce. Dissolve the butter, then pour the milk and heat it until warms up, add some salt and some nutmeg powder.
9. Prepare the spinach. Place them in a pan and fry for a few minutes until wither . Get rid of the liquid and add chopped tofu- fry everything until tofu becomes yellowish.
10. Prepare the dish in which you're going to do lasagna .
11. Add a couple of spoons of vegetable stew, on top- place uncooked lasagne sheets and cover them in the white sauce, then season with grated Parmesan and continue layering.
12. Once you've done a couple of layers of vegetables, add spinach and tofu layer instead of the veggies and continue layering as usual. You should end up with the last layer of the white sauce.
13. Place it in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes (180-190 C)
And this is it you should now be ready to pour yourself a nice red glass of wine and enjoy this amazing dish! I heard people saying that vegetarian lasagnes are even tastier than the meat ones, so if you haven't tried it yet- you definitely should!
let me know if you give this a go!
Labels: blog, blogger, Brighton, food, healthy, lasagne, recipe, recipes, sweet potatoes, vegetarian